Providing individuals and families with the best way to replace missing teeth is important to us here at Hill Avenue Dental. If you are missing one or multiple teeth, we have the best replacement solution for you: dental implants in Spirit Lake.
Receiving an Implant
After speaking with one of our dentists about your missing tooth or teeth, there are different treatment options we can suggest including:
- Single-tooth implant
- Implant-supported bridge
- Implant-supported dentures
Depending on your specific situation, the number of implants needed will vary. Dental implants are generally made up of two parts: the implant itself and the restoration.
The implant is the piece that is surgically implanted to provide stability and support for the restoration. The titanium implant is shaped into a cylinder where the selected restoration will be placed. The implant will then act as the root of the new tooth or teeth being placed. The implant body is placed by an oral surgeon or periodontist.
The restoration is a completely custom-made artificial tooth, bridge, or denture that will be secured into the implant. In making the restoration, size, color, and shape of your remaining natural teeth will guide how the new teeth will be.
Why an Implant?
- If you are missing teeth, your soft tissues and your jawbones aren’t being stimulated. Going great lengths of time without stimulation will cause your bones and tissues to start to deteriorate.
- Having gaps in your smile can be the reason for lost confidence or low self-esteem. Receiving new teeth that complete your smile will have you feeling better than ever.
- Implants and restorations are permanent and artificial making it so that they are unable to accumulate decay, develop cavities, or discolor and stain.
- Restorations are made to fit naturally into your smile in every way. The size and color will be no different than your natural teeth, therefore no one will be able to tell they are artificial.
Hill Avenue Dental wants to be able to give all the residents in Spirit Lake, lowa chance to have their full smiles back. If you have a missing tooth and would like to learn more about dental implants in Spirit Lake and their benefits please contact us or come in and see one of our wonderful dentists!