Cosmetic dental bonding might be best if you wish to quickly, comfortably, and affordably address any minor cosmetic dental concerns. We can complete bonding in a single visit to our office, unlike veneers, which are created in a lab and need a specific mold to get a proper fit. At Hill Avenue Dental, Dr. Dotson and Dr. Hartzell offer dental bonding in Spirit Lake Iowa, to improve the appearance of your smile.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a procedure in which we use tooth-colored resin to restore the appearance of a tooth. The resin is applied to the tooth and hardened with a special light. Once the resin is hard, it can be shaped and polished to match the surrounding teeth. We often use bonding to repair chips, cracks, and other minor dental damage. We can also use it to change the shape or color of a tooth.
In some cases, we use bonding as an alternative to dental veneers. Bonding is typically less expensive than veneers. However, bonding may not last as long as veneers and may require more frequent replacement.
What are the Benefits of Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a simple process that can produce impressive results. It can successfully address a variety of dental health and cosmetic concerns.
This cosmetic dental treatment is cost-effective, durable, and long-lasting. Additionally, because it is non-invasive, it is the perfect restoration for kids and adults who are too busy for more involved procedures like dental veneers and crowns. Plus, you usually won’t need to be sedated.
The immediate result of bonding is possibly its most enticing feature. In one dentist visit, your entire smile can be transformed. Bonding often doesn’t involve modifying the shape of the teeth and can be removed if necessary. And the best part of dental bonding is that it can raise your self-esteem.
What can Bonding Correct?
Dental bonding can be an excellent solution for many situations, such as:
- Chipped Teeth: By using the bonding material, which strengthens the tooth’s structure and restores the shape of the chipped tooth, we can fix chipped teeth.
- Misshapen Teeth: We use dental bonding to change the length or width of a tooth, giving the appearance of a more symmetrical grin.
- Broken Teeth: Bonding can cover minor tooth fractures that damage a tooth’s appearance.
- Discolored Teeth: We can use bonding to cover and remove stains due to age, food, drinks, or prescription medication that teeth whitening can’t correct.
- Gaps: Dental bonding can narrow or completely close spaces between the teeth.
- Misaligned Teeth: We can use dental bonding to straighten and correct slightly misaligned teeth, altering their appearance.
Dental Bonding Process
To begin, Dr. Dotson or Dr. Hartzell will carefully select a bonding material color-matched to your teeth. We will treat the tooth surface with a somewhat acidic solution to prepare it for bonding. The tooth will receive a delicate coating of composite resin. We will mold the material to create the desired appearance while it remains malleable. After applying the bonding substance, the composite will be hardened or “cured” using a specific light. After the material has dried, Dr. Dotson or Dr. Hartzell can make any modifications required to get a result that looks natural.
Dental Bonding in Spirit Lake Iowa
Ready to smile with confidence once again? If you think dental bonding is the right choice, get in touch with Drs. Dotson and Hartzell right away! We will be happy to review your options and give you our honest assessment of your dental needs. Schedule a consultation to find out more about how cosmetic tooth bonding might improve your unique smile!